I am a Molecular Microbiologist and my primary research interests relate to the environmental regulation of enteric pathogens such as Salmonella Typhimurium. We are particular interested in dissecting how various stresses and stimuli impact on virulence phenotypes, and whether they can be manipulated to develop novel antimicrobial or vaccine targets.Current Research Projects
- Integration of envelope stress response pathways.
- The role of nitric oxide detoxification in physiology and pathogenesis.
- Identification of novel drug transport mechanisms.
- Nitrous oxide production by enteric and environmental bacteria (with Prof David Richardson)
- The role of chaperones in periplasmic homeostasis (with Dr Tom Clarke).